Why Industrial PhD?
Industry players with a minimum of five years’ work experience are welcomed to apply for the Industrial PhD programme.
We recognise the importance of the various life experiences and wealth of knowledge that you can bring to study situations, as well as the high degree of motivation that we find in experienced students to have. This programme is open to working professionals from both the public and private sector. Prospective candidates will have the opportunity to share their ideas and expectation with our faculty members during the selection interview where we hope to assess the broader picture of a candidate’s suitability for the programme and university. As an accomplished applicant, you will be given individual consideration as we recognise that you will be equipped with a wealth of skills and experiences beyond your academic qualifications.
What makes this PhD programme unique?
- Candidates are treated as equal partners
- It is an opportunity to present business intelligence and preservation of valuable industry knowledge
- It is an opportunity for industry players to translate their real world experience into an academic repository which will beneﬁt many more in the future
- It provides a seamless immersion between the industry and the academia which then beneﬁts the Islamic Finance industry as a whole
- It provides the platform, support and additional expertise needed for candidates to research and expand their ideas
- It provides endless possibility towards the formulation of new frameworks, policies, concepts and theories which could be globally accepted
- Candidates can address current industry challenges and offer innovative solutions
- The solutions created from this programme will provide an impactful solution for the industry
- All coursework and services are customised and personalised based on speciﬁc needs